Sunday, October 26, 2003

It started out good

Today wasn't allthat bad. I woke up and for some strange reason my parents were goe. Now that's not normally all the weird but all of the cars were still here and all of the bikes were still here. I tried calling my mom on her cell but she probably hadn't taken it with her anyway so whatever. I got ready for work watched a little Popular Hot Rod, and went to work. It was a rather slow day for the most part i got shannon out early and Adrianna as usuall desided for herself when she was cut and then procedded to take way to long to get her shit done. Nothing unusual so far. So anyway i'm doing prety good and my favorite customers ever came in. It's this woman, who reminds me of my grandmother (super cool) and her husband who looks like he is pissed off all the time (which actually reminds me of my grandfather (also super cool)). Anyway he always looks pissed off but you couldn't piss him off if you tried. Back when I was first serving I got them all the time and it would alwasy be right at the oint in the rush that it was going to take forever to get there food out, and on top of that for some random reason the cook always seemed to screw up there food and had to remake it. Anyway you can't piss them off. There great though they always order the same thing and usually have a slice of pie. They don't tipped extremly well or anything but they do tip about 15 and they are super nice about everything. K back to my day. they left and i had a couple tables. At the time i didn't really know what hit me but later i looked at my server report and found that i had got 11 tables in a half hour period, on top of a couple that i already had. All in all it turned out all right, i had one old couple that had come in for pie leeve before i got the pie out to them and one of the two that i had started with complain and the manajor took care of there check (it was only pie too). So allin all i thin it turned out ok. The biggest problem is that no one ever notices the fact that you are the only one taking tables and that there are like you know 10 other tables in the emediat vacinity. I hate people.
I'm hoping to find a project that i can work on, something kind of structured. I realize some would say homework fits into that catagory but i'm looking for something fun. Homework isn't fun. Halloween is coming up this week and everyone keeps asking me what i'm going to be. I have no idea. I really haven't put much thought into it, and i'm probably going to end up being me. I really don't feel like spending money on it this year, i walways end up blowing at least 30 bucks on a costume or whatever and it sucks cause you wear it uncomfortably for one night and then never see it again. I really want to get this in car thing going but i don't have all the peices yet. I still need a way to power it wich i think im just going to use an invertor for cause i don't have the money for a DC-DC ps for it. the 802.11g card dosn't work yet cause it doesn't have linux drivers. I'm not sure what applications to put on it and i need to design an interface that will display alright on the luittle monitor i have, the horible picture quality of which comes from the fact that it's running off the TV-out of the little computer. k i think it's bed time

No comments: