Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Another day in the life

Well I missed breakfast this morning. Don't you hate it when you set your alarm for a certain time and then when it doesn't wake you up you check it and you accidentally set it for PM instead of AM. Damn I hate that.
Anyway, yeah so I missed breakfast and then went to Calc. We learned about sequences. Well I should say he talked about sequences while I sat there and did my best to listen. He said we wouldn't need it again for a month or so, we are going to go over it again at that time, and I have a test on Monday and it's not on the test. Needless to say it got a little tuned out.
After class I met up with Jen (more on her in a sec). She gave me some accessory stuff for this little computer thing that she had given me a while back. We talked for about 15 minutes and then she went back to class (it was photo lab).
I went and got some gas only 10 dollars worth though (I hate being broke). I washed the windows and ran into this guy Jerris; He worked at the restaurant a while back and then moved back to Oregon. He's a cool guy, and he's in town for a few weeks so that should be cool. Once again my check for the windows didn't come, although I’m sure you don't know much about that either so I’ll elaborate later.
I had a pretty lazy rest of the day after that. I went home and watched TV; there was some good stuff on. A new Enterprise, Jake 2.0 and the daily show as always kicked ass. I watched a little Emeril today too, but he wasn't cooking anything too interesting and I didn't hear him say BAM once that was disappointing.

Jen
Ok so Jen. I met her last semester in rock climbing. A bunch of us started hanging out at starbucks after class and Jen and I hit it off pretty quick, we hung out a lot after school and stuff. it was one of those things that you figure isn't going to go much farther once school is over cause it's the only thing holding you together. WRONG. Yeah we ended up spending a lot of time together this last summer. We even went down to long beach together for an import car show called Hot Import Nights. She's big into imports and she is a photo major (hence the photo lab). She wants to take pictures for the Oakland raiders on the sidelines. Right now she has an internship doing just that and she is really excited. Unfortunately she doesn't have a job but she's working on that too; interview today, I'll have to ask her how it went.

Getting paid for the windows
UUUUUUUUG. Yeah so I used to get paid out of petty cash from the restaurant. All fine and good I submitted an invoice and got paid on the spot same day I did the work. Now I have to go through corporate to get paid and for some unexplained reason it takes a month for the check to get cut. Not like up to a month where sometimes it might take ten days sometimes it might take 30. No. It takes 30 days exactly every time to cut the check. But that's not all. After that it has to get looked over by the all mighty "Controller" and his ass apparently takes a week that's a full 7 day week to say uh yeah I guess you can go ahead and pay him the money we owe him. This is the best part after that it goes back to another woman who is sitting literally across the room from the original one that got it at the beginning of this month and a week long journey. And she finally mails it out. It is supposed to be coming from orange California. They I can only assume route it through Botswana because it takes at least another week for the check to arrive back at the restaurant. Can you tell I’m a little upset about this?

Wrapping up
So that was my day. Mostly not very interesting I have to say I’m not the most interesting person on paper (or in pixels). I have English and physics tomorrow. English only has another week to go and I have to say it's not looking good. I don't know why I can never seem to pull it together enough. This is like my fourth time taking 1A. It’s not because I don't have a grasp of the English language although I’m sure it doesn't show in this forum. I just don't like reading books I’m not interested in. When it comes time to write essays about them I haven't read the book and it makes it significantly harder. I did pretty well on my other two essays though I think. I got an A on the first one and I don't think I got the second back yet but I have a feeling I did pretty well.
Have you ever been reading something and realize all of a sudden that you haven’t' actually been paying attention for god knows how long. It's like that every time I try to read something for English. I have only read three count them 3 books in my whole life (I’m only counting novelish type books here) "My Side of the Mountain", "Lighting", and "Brave new World". I actually enjoyed those and I have to say if I had been up to it I might have been able to enjoy "Catcher in the Rye" my junior year in HS. I read rather slowly and the idea of having to go back over the untold number of pages that I had just blanked on thinking about other things is excruciating (yeah it's probably spelled wrong). Oh yeah I have given up on the spell check feature if I don't catch it won't get caught, so HA. ok so i gave in and through this whole thing into word. i got distracted on the phone and couldn't type so i spell and grammar check the whole thing. that of course only includes everything about up until that last HA. but yeah...
I thinkthis is quit a bit longer than i had originally intended the "wrapping up" section to be but oh well.

No comments: