Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Mmmm food

My roommates have been telling people that I fixed their computers up and everything. Yesterday I got a nock on the door from a coupke freshman across the pool (Ally and Kristen). They needed some help with their internet connections and stuff. Awesome, so I went over and looked at it and found that one of them already had a connection from the wireless of her neighbor and the other's wasn't working cause she had no dial tone for the dial-up. Anyway they offered to make me dinner, I accepted. They came over and ended up making burgers for me and the guys (jeff didn't eat) and we sat around the kitchen table talking for a while.
They came back over today, Kristen had gotten the phone guy to come out so she finally at leats had dial tone. So now it still wasn't working. I picked up the phone to check the tone and it went all choppy for a bit, I figured out it was cause they had a VM message. They setup their voicemail and tried it again. It didn't work this time i found because she had plugged the phone line into the ethernet port. Granted I had checked it the day before and didn't notice myself, but whatever. Once i got that done she was up and running. I also downloaded the drivers for Kristens printer for her and got that all setup. I earned my dinner.
We went down to the main pool and chilled for a while there. I attempted to get a tan. I don't think it's working.
They fixed the kitchen window, the bathroom cieling, and the socket under my desk today. Heck yes. They still have to come back and paint the cieling in my bathroom and fix the window screens but it's getting there. I had thought that the smaller rooms on the other side of the complex were the older rooms but it turns out, as I was informed this morning by the guy that fixed the cieling, that those are actually the newer buildings, sweet.
I've always like reading about development projects and what went into getting the poroject done and such. The most fun ones are the ones that list completly random things, and the amounts of them that it took to get the project done. In that light I have decided to start measuring my college experience by such things.
Since August 17th, 2005
  • Gallons of lemonade: 3

  • Loafs of bread: 1

No comments: