Saturday, July 22, 2006

Another full day

So I rolled out of bed at 10:18 yesterday and still made it to Ray's before 10:30. Heck yes. Luke, Mike, Mike's roommate, and I went tubing on Honey Run yesterday. It's definitely more exciting than sac. I only tagged my back on a few rocks, no loss of the ass-ginity. Everyone has told me that you can't really drink on Honey Run, we proved them wrong. Pat also said it was too low, it was the first time I've done it so I can't say what it's in comparison to, but it wasn't "too" low. We were done by about 3. I wanted to get a haircut yesterday so when I swung by Ray's to return my tube, I looked over and saw that Wild Cuts was closed. I went by the house and hung out for a bit looking for someone to go to the summercross nationals with me. After not finding anyone I headed off to Redbluff at about 6:15ish. The Gates opened at 6 but I'm glad I didn't leave till then cause the event didn't get started till about 8 and I didn't really care about the autograph session and what not. After a couple heats I found the worlds funniest thing. Imagine 10 4-6 year olds. Now put on dirt riding gear and a helmet that is bigger than their torso (like Jack from Jack in the box style proportions). Now put them on a 50 (really realy tiny motorcycle). Then Have them racing around the moto cross track at like 5mph with their Dad's chasing after them making sure they don't fall over. It's one of those things you have to see but it's funny as hell. Most of the kids were on KTMs which have a pretty high center. I felt bad for this one kid on a yamaha, he high centered it on every little mound he tried to go over. So the California Extreme Summercross Nationals were supposed to feature Mike Metsker, and his air force freestyle team or some bullshit. Anyway so his team (3 guys) come out on bikes ready to ride. Then he comes out, in shorts and a T. He's like Your probably wondering why I'm not in gear, and everyone was like yeah we are. Apparently he got like 4 concussions in 5 weeks and he wants to rest his head a little for the x games coming up. So that was a disappointment. Anyway I had paid the two dollars for parking with a roll of quarters and gotten back the eight dollars cash which left me enough for a pint of hef and a slice of pizza with .75 left to spare, heck yes. I gave the extra ticket I had to some kid and his little girlfriend, saved em $17, and I didn't pay for it so fuck it. Got back into town and headed out to the bear where I met Wendy. Hung out with her, then Mike and then ended up hanging out with Rich and his girl the rest of the night. Rich is a cool guy. When I left the bars I ended up at Josh's. Hung out there for a while, had another beer. Came back to the house did a little net surfing and then off to bed.
I woke Up today (Saturday) at about 11:30 I think. Dicked around, researched CEV contract investments, made a couple pancakes, started eating them and then realized I wanted to get my haircut today. I called up Wild Cuts and found out they close at 2 (it was 1) so I jumped in the shower to blow the stink off and headed down there. The owner ended up cutting my hair (just a little trim), he hooked me up on it to. He said he'd come into Outback tonight, I hope he does I want to buy him a beer or something. I just remembered right now that I was going to do laundry today too, oh well at least I bought new socks so that's no problem.
I believe there's a kegger tonight at Josh's house ($5). Let me know if you want directions or whatever, should be a good time since I'm mostly broke.

No comments: